Work with us
Russia Beyond The Headlines began with a small team in 2007. Today the project employs over 300 people, working in our main office in Moscow and around the world.
We strive to uphold the highest standards of international journalism while finding new and creative ways to tell stories about Russia. RBTH team members, therefore, are serious professionals who are committed to their work and always looking for ways to improve.
Working at RBTH
Training and professional development
A large, ever-developing project, RBTH offers many opportunities for professional development.
Upon beginning work at RBTH, all new employees receive internal training related specifically to his/her department, including instruction in our work methods and the use of our corporate information systems. New employees are also given an overview of our organization and introduced to the work of other divisions.
At various times throughout the year, our most experienced employees along with external consultants give seminars on topics of relevance to the work of RBTH. Employees are encouraged to work together with team members from other departments to find solutions to common problems.
Aside from internal training, our employees are invited to attend external seminars, trainings and conferences. Our most promising staff members may also be invited to participate in an internship at one of our foreign partner publications.
RBTH provides considerable opportunities for career advancement; over 50 percent of executive positions in the company are held by employees who first joined our organization in starting positions.
RBTH makes it a priority to help its employees grow and develop by providing opportunities both within their departments and in short-term assignments to other divisions. Employees are also encouraged to apply for internal openings in any department that matches their skill sets and interests. Preference for internal openings is given to current staff members whenever possible.
RBTH is proud of its partners – leading names in world media – and we always do our best to measure up to their high standards.
RBTH puts great emphasis on maintaining a corporate culture of openness, amiability and cooperation.
If you would like to join our team, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the job opening or the position you are interested in.
We welcome applications from individuals who show high levels of professionalism, a results-driven mindset, attention to detail, an understanding of the importance of personal performance and the ability to work as part of a team.
Internships at RBTH
RBTH accepts applications for one-to-three month part-time internships at the RBTH office in Moscow.
Potential interns can apply to one of the following RBTH divisions:
- Central editorial team (please specify interest in either domestic politics, international politics, business, or culture)
- Regional editorial teams (please specify interest in one of the following regions: Asia, Near East, U.S., Latin America, Western Europe including the UK, or Southern Europe. Potential interns should have language skills relevant to the region to which he or she is applying);
- New Media (online, multimedia, mobile versions, special projects);
- Marketing and PR;
The success of an internship at RBTH will depend on your ability to be a self-starter and willingness to take part in a wide variety of projects.
Some interns are subsequently offered employment with the project.
- Interesting challenges and responsibility from day one
- Opportunity to contribute to operation of an international publishing project
- Opportunity to work with young, talented professionals and gain real experience in the area of your choice
- Flexible time: work schedule is prepared individually depending on the division and requests of the intern
- Letter of reference upon completion of internship (upon request)
- In case of outstanding performance – an offer of full-time employment
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate students majoring in journalism, linguistics or other appropriate specializations (marketing, PR, IT, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Russian
- Fluency in English and/or other languages
- Open mind
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team (as demonstrated by experience)
- Send your CV and an accompanying cover letter explaining your interest in an internship to email@example.com with "Internship at RBTH" as the subject
- Promising candidates will be invited to an interview with an HR department representative and the head of the division you are applying to.