SibFU offers grants for PhD scholars
The Siberian Federal University (SibFU) is offering a research grants in Biophysics, Optics and Quantum Chemistry, Urban Design and Planning, Metallurgy of Non-Ferrous Metals, Metal Forming, Multidimensional Complex Analysis.
The grant amount is 600,000 rubles per year*. The duration of the program is three years.
The grant will be paid to successful applicants on a quarterly basis during the first year. Subsequent renewals depend on the results of the annual report.**
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm (Moscow time) on August 31st 2016.
The application docket should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the original documents should be submitted at the university office: P6-12, bldg. 10, 79, pr.Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk.
*The grant is for PhD candidates, who have enrolled at the SibFU.
** In case a PhD candidate is a foreign citizen or a non-resident of Krasnoyarsk, he/she will be provided with a dormitory room in the SibFU campus. PhD candidates will have to bear the transportation, living, studying and insurance costs themselves.
Requirements for applicants:
- Applicant age – not older than 30 years old (at the moment of application);
- Upper-intermediate level of English and above, proved by a certificate or by scientific publications in peer-viewed academic journals in English (note: the certificate is not obligatory for native English speakers);
- Research work experience during the period of education in a Master’s degree program, proved either with publications in peer-viewed scientific journals, conference proceedings and taking part in international scientific conferences, or with Master’s work supervisor’s or colleagues’ recommendations.
- The applicant has not been previously awarded this grant.
How can I get a scholarship?
Those who would like to apply should send the following set of documents to email@example.com:
- Written consent of the intended SibFU supervisor to supervise the applicant’s scientific work;
- Statement of Intent for participation in SibFU Selection, addressed to the Rector of SibFU;
- Application form with personal information;
- Copies of Master’s (Specialist’s) degree;
- Certificate of proficiency in English;
- Copy of passport;
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae;
- The applicant’s motivation letter;
- 2-3 recommendation letters from previous scientific supervisors and colleagues;
- Other documents on a case-by-case basis.